People Magazine

I am going to talk about the top stories published by People Magazine weekly. Many people are involved with what the media has to say on celebrities, which is why everyone loves to read people and gossip on celebrity life.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Hurricane Katrina, the VMA's, and much more...

*People Magazine, dated September 12th, 2005, talked mostly about hurricane Katrina in this weekly edition with a touch on the VMA's (the Video Music Awards), hosted by P-Diddy, and also a touch on Celebrity pictures and updates on new gossip. However, I want to begin by talking about hurricane Katrina, aside from the Celebrity gossip, because it is one of the major issues going on in the world today and People Magazine focused much of their time talking of this horrible attack. The graphic pictures are shown of families torn apart, homes destroyed and deaths of many individuals, as well as leaving more than one million people homeless, with over $25 billion in damage. The pictures and stories are so touching to everyone and I do not think anyone could have ever imagined the damage that this hurricane has done. After Florida was hit, everything turned into a disaster. When the Hurricane hit the Gulf Coast, it was said to have been a Category Four Hurricane, which is the second most severe hurricane possible. Many had evacuated New Orleans but there were also many that did not. This horrible incident has affected many and all we can do now is try to help and send money, food, clothing, etc. to those in need and those who are left with nothing.

*Aside from Hurricane Katrina, People Magazine seems to get into the VMA's, along with more gossip on the Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt relationship. I want to first talk about the VMA's, I did not get the chance to watch the VMA's but I know they had to have been good if the show was hosted by P-Diddy...he always seems to be a good host and attract attention. The VMA pictures showed many different types of fashion styles, some of which were a little over the edge, like Jessica Simpsons outfit, but many of you may like that dress style. As for performances, Jamie Foxx and Kanye West's performance "Gold Digger" seemed to be a big hit at the VMA's and I am sure it was because that is a top song as of right now.

*Now aside of the VMA's, I just want to say a few things about the story that many people love to follow up on, and that is the Angelina and Brad relationship. The couple may say that they are not together, but come on, we all know that there is something there. Brad has been seen on vacations with Angelina and even around taking care of her two children. I don't exactly know how I feel about Brad's new romance with Angelina because I feel bad for Jennifer Aniston. The media makes Jennifer out to be the innocent one and Brad to be the one without any upset emotions on their breakup. However, you can not always believe what the media has to say about Celebrities, but People Magazine is a well-known and well believed magazine, so I tend to follow up and believe their stories that are published around the world.

8 Comments:

  • At September 09, 2005 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    BRITISH and American diplomats walked out of a human rights conference in Malaysia today, after...
    BRITISH and American diplomats walked out of a human rights conference in Malaysia today, after the country's former prime minister called their countries terrorist states and said coalition pilots whose bombs ...
    This blog is cool stuff!

    You must see our 3d home design site, where you can learn about our 3d home design.

    Thanks!

     
  • At September 09, 2005 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Using the most advanced satellite technology, we deliver more than 225 channels of programming to homes and businesses that have Directv Offers receiving equipment, which features a small satellite dish, a digital set-top receiver and a remote control. Check out my site on Directv Offers

     
  • At September 09, 2005 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Express Yourself for Free on your Travels
    Express Yourself for Free on your Travels Sam Daams, who runs Travellerspoint , a free travel blog service, reminded me that there are many great options for recording your travels on the web since I last wrote ...
    Quite an interesting blog. When you get a chance, you can check this internet jobs site about making money from home, wholesale sources and cheap merchandise.

     
  • At September 11, 2005 9:18 PM, Blogger Anu Sivaraman said…

    Very good posting. Please add some links to related websites soon.

    Anu

     
  • At September 14, 2005 7:06 PM, Blogger Tara Raphael said…

    So for Hanukkah/ Christmas last year my mom asked me what I wanted. I explained to her that every week I buy People Magazine, but if she got me a subscription that would be a lot cheaper. Of course I totally forgot about this and when I got back to Delaware started receiving my weekly addition. I have become completely obsessed with reading cover to cover and have gotten pretty good with the crossword puzzles in the back.
    The stuff on Katrina was really good in the magazine and they got different stories about people that I hadn't heard about on the news. Check out this week's addition, which is a double-issue with Katrina and then a lot on the best fashion of the past year!

     
  • At September 21, 2005 10:08 PM, Blogger Stacey said…

    I'm still in shock with what happened in New Orleans. I can't even imagine what it must be like to go through something like that. I'm glad that People Magazine took space to dedicate to the hurricane and show their concern for the victims, because it shows they know the world does not revolve around celebrities; other things are going on that command our attention.

    I also did not see the VMA's, but I heard they were good. I saw clips of some of the performances, and I saw Diddy giving an audience member his watch. I think you can watch them on MTV.com.

    About Angelina and Brad, I also feel bad for Jennifer because of all the media attention she's getting. She has enough on her plate with the divorce, and all anyone wants from her are pictures of her crying. Also, apparently there is news of Angelina and Brad getting married. Can you confirm that?

     
  • At November 21, 2005 5:10 PM, Blogger Marc Shaffer said…

    The VMA's, hosted by P Diddy was an awesome show and you're right, the "Gold Digger" performance was great. I really liked how the stars came out, and I have to say as a male looking at Jessica Simpson's dress, all I can say is SWEET! Sure the dress may have been a little revealing, and if she were my girlfriend I probably wouldn't be thrilled to see her in it in public, but i'm sure at this point in their lives the Lachey/Simpson team has been through plenty that Nick doesn't care.

    All I have to say at this point regarding Angelina and Brad is good for them. Sure Brad recently split, but he seems to have found what he has been saying he wanted for the past few months.

     
  • At November 22, 2005 9:35 PM, Blogger Jeff said…

    It's good to see that People Magazine chose to focus mainly on the disaster in New Orleans rather than celebrity gossip. It is one of the worst natural disasters our country has ever faced and attention still needs to be drawn to the situation.
    Moving on from that, Angelina Jolie is pretty hot and good for Brad Pitt. The break-up between Brad and Jennifer Anniston must have been pretty tough but if he's found someone else he's happy with, good for him. Also, I know that Angelina has been criticized a lot by the media for "breaking up" a marriage but the public doesn't actually know what happened so it is nobody's business.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Ask Google