People Magazine

I am going to talk about the top stories published by People Magazine weekly. Many people are involved with what the media has to say on celebrities, which is why everyone loves to read people and gossip on celebrity life.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

More News on Katrina, and the latest gossip and fashion of the Celebrities

This edition of People, dated September 19th, 2005, happens to be a special double issue. I was very excited to find this out because there is double the amount of gossip, as well as celebrity pictures, and much more. In addition to the gossip, the stories of Hurricane Katrina live on. This tragedy has touched so many lives, and People showed this throughout their magazine. The pictures of Katrina shown in the magazine are so touching and the stories told have such an impact on me, as I am sure most of you.

Let me begin, once again, by talking about Katrina. This story seems to be the topic of the world today. It is all over the news, all over sports channels, in magazines, and even the headline of most websites. Every where you go there are charities being held to raise money, Universities and Colleges paying for victims tuition, celebrities and sports players, and so many others all donating and raising money for the victims. The stories told in People really reach out to you. The stories show peoples homes destroyed, families torn apart, the loss of everything meaningful and valuable to the victims, and so much more. Imagine all your memories, pictures, and so many other irreplaceable items being lost. I know I would be lost without my pictures from my past and all the memories they bring to me. These victims lost everything you can think of. Everyone is doing the best they can to help and that is all we anyone can do now. There memories will never be replaced but at least we can start by raising money and doing something about this sudden tragedy. To learn more on Hurricane Katrina you can go to
http://www.cnn.com/ and type in Katrina in the search engine. You can also go to www.WorldVision.org/ to donate money to the victims.

Now let me begin to fill you in on all the gossip you want to hear. Now you all know that this is a special double issue, which means that there is double the gossip, pictures, hairstyles, some tips and the new trends. So where do I begin? I will start by talking about the new fashion that Celebes seem to be following these days. The trend of the week looks to be the cowgirl style. Ever since Jessica Simpson came starred in the movie Dukes of Hazzard, we have been seeing the cowboy boots on so many celebrities. I think it is so funny how so many of the celebrities follow one another's style.


Not only do they follow the clothing style, but also hairstyles. One celebrity will get hair extensions, then 10 more will follow. Or one will dye their hair another color and then everyone will be dying there hair their opposite color. But I guess if you are a celebrity then you can do whatever you want. I mean I am sure most of you, including myself, get people magazine, or style magazine, and many other just to see what the new trends of celebrities are. However, I know the whole cow boots style is out but I am not too sure if I can see myself in them. Also, celebrities always seem to have a different brand name bag in every single picture they take. I do not think that I have seen a celebrity have the same bag/purse in any picture, well maybe some, and I have seen so many celebrity pictures.
Now I know I said that celebrities always have the hottest styles out, well I did not mean all the time. There are some outfits that I have seen on celebrities that I think to myself, "What were they thinking," and People magazine definitely points them out. They have a section labeled "Best and Worst Dressed", which can be very embarrassing for celebrities, but I do not think they care too much. If you want to find more about celebrity styles and the new fashion trends go to
http://www.style.com/ and you will find many neat and different styles.

Last but not least, I want to fill you in on come upcoming features (T.V. and Movies)...


  • Just Like Heaven (Starring Reese Witherspoon and Mark Ruffalo)-This Sept. in theatres
  • The 57th annual emmy awards -Sunday Sept. 18th @ 8:00p.m. on CBS
  • According to Jim-Season Premiere on Tuesday Sept. 20th @8:00 p.m. on abc
  • Kids in America (Starring Nicole Richie)-Oct. 21st

15 Comments:

  • At September 15, 2005 8:00 PM, Blogger Maggs said…

    Is fine jewelry on your Christmas shopping list? Are you looking for Tennis Bracelets or other fine jewelry? You'll find it all in our extensive jewelry department.

     
  • At September 15, 2005 8:02 PM, Blogger Lakers News said…

    Real interesting blog post good to see a great story like that i hope you can vist my orlando magic news blog with magic rumors. Magic News

     
  • At September 15, 2005 8:02 PM, Blogger Online Incomes said…

    Google Blog Search-How Will This Affect Other Blog Search Services?
    The first thing I really noticed about Google Blog Search that has won my vote from the get-go is that it is fast.
    Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a ##working online## site/blog. It pretty much covers ideas on how to make money working online, plus other related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

     
  • At September 15, 2005 8:02 PM, Blogger $9.99 Search Engine Submission said…

    You may have heard of this Garage sales website website that pretty much covers Garage sales website related stuff.

    You could by to check it out, when you get the time. They have good stuff!!

     
  • At September 15, 2005 8:24 PM, Blogger tdfoss said…

    Google announces blog search
    Our annual list of the Top 50 b-to-b agencies and Top 20 interactive agencies. An inside look at 10 stellar b-to-b Web sites.
    Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a mp3 music download site/blog. It pretty much covers mp3 music download related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

     
  • At September 16, 2005 9:12 PM, Blogger Tony said…

    This is a nice blog, I hope it gets bigger for you.
    I have a blog as well and hope to get others to post on it. It's about any topic as long as its not offensive.

    I hope to see your post as well.
    please visit my blog:
    Web promotionsor you can go directly to the blog:
    hover ads

     
  • At September 18, 2005 5:17 PM, Blogger Alexis Wood said…

    Hey Danielle! When I saw the topic of your blog I was immediately interested and excited because People Magazine is one of my favorite magazines. I don't do much reading, but when I do it’s always to catch up on the latest gossip. I do not watch the news much so I didn't really know the extent of damage Katrina caused. From your blog and People Magazine I was saddened to learn of all the lives that were lost. I am trying to donate and help out as much as I can by attending various fundraisers. On a happier note I do love to keep track of the celebrities and their fashion. I am so excited to go out and get my first pair of cowboy boots because I definitely love them. Jessica Simpson is a great trendsetter! I look forward to your future posts!

     
  • At September 18, 2005 5:33 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    The whole Hurricane Katrina is absolutely horrible. Everytime I watch the news or open a magazine all you see is more and more victims of this horrible disaster. I think its great how as a country we have all come together to help these people but I still think the government could do more, especially to have prevented this from even happening in the first place. On a much more happier note, I love the cowgirl trend thats going on right now. I bought of pair of boots last February before I went on a vacation to Texas. They are by far my most favorite shoe, but I don't know if I could wear them around campus especially to the balloon or kates. They would make for a good halloween costume though. Anyway, great post,excited to see what juicy gossip you have for us next week!!!

     
  • At September 18, 2005 10:03 PM, Blogger Stacey said…

    I too am a huge PEOPLE magazine fan. My grandmother gets it weekly and passes every issue onto me once she is done. I can’t wait to see the double issue your latest posting was about. The Katrina catastrophe just amazes me and I have been following it in some regards since it happened. The whole thing really puts things we take for granted into perspective. I, like you and many others, cannot even begin to imagine everything that these poor people have gone through over the past few weeks. As for the celebrity gossip…that’s my favorite part! It’s funny how the celebs follow one another’s trends as often as they do. I have to admit that I too love the cowboy boot look that Jessica Simpson made happen because of her Daisy Duke role, but I don’t think I would ever be able to pull it off like her and quite honestly I don’t know how many of them actually do. No one will be better than Jessica herself in my opinion. Reading up on your blog reminded me to turn on the Emmy’s which I am watching now so thanks for the TV listing you added at the very end. Can’t wait to see what’s up for next week!

     
  • At September 19, 2005 2:27 PM, Blogger Lisa C said…

    Hey Danielle! I am so glad that you brought up the cowgirl trend as one of your topics. Just like everything in fashion, when some new style comes out and is worn by a celebrity everyone always says, “ Ew, you will never catch me in that! That’s so ugly.” Remember a few things in the past few years? Well I think cowgirl boots are going to have the same reaction. All of my friends think it’s absolutely crazy to own a pair of boots (which I don’t own YET). However, I guarantee this winter as you walk to class, more than half of the girls will be wearing either boots of cowgirl hats. I’ve already seen the cowgirl hats at half of the parties this past weekend. Trust me, it’s going to be a hit. I’m not sure why everyone catches on so quickly but with Jessica Simpson as a role model, I can at least understand. Can’t wait until I see you in cowgirl boots!

     
  • At October 09, 2005 1:33 PM, Blogger Stacey said…

    I love it when magazines like People have the best and worst dressed articles. They are so funny to see. I would have to say one of the worst dressed celebrities is Mary Kate Olsen. She's always in some sort of hobo outfit that makes her look like a fraction of what she's worth. You would think if you made as much money as she has from the time she was a year old, you would be able to dress yourself normally.
    I also agree with the cowgirl comments you made. I could never pull off what Jessica was wearing in that movie, but it is a really cute look for those that can. I don't know about the boots though... Celebrities often wear things that normally people would look very strange wearing, but they can experiment because they are the trend-setters. If something doesn't work for them, you'll never see them wear it again and they'll always be wearing something different to balance the good and the bad.

     
  • At October 19, 2005 6:20 PM, Blogger Rachel Curran said…

    If Hollywood started wearing spandex and body suits again, I am sure everyone else, including me too, would probably fall prey to the trend. It is so weird how trends are set. Even different colleges or social groups have their own trend just from being exposed to each other all the time. If one person starts sporting something and somebody else likes it or thinks they are cool then eventually everyone will be doing it. Almost like dominoes. Also, it is nice to see all the stars in Hollywood doing what they can to help out victims of hurricane Katrina. I really enjoy seeing pictures of Jennifer Aniston or Renee Zellweger getting down and dirty doing actual manual labor, not because they are getting paid but because they want to help out a good cause. It's funny though, because we all know what great actors a lot of these people are, I wonder if they are just "pretending" like they care!!!

     
  • At November 21, 2005 5:19 PM, Blogger Marc Shaffer said…

    It is so hard for us to imagine what the people that were devastated by Katrina are going through. The pictures and news casts that we see can only do so much to try and get across how destroyed things are and how the victems lives have changed. The one good thing that came about this though is the unity in the aftermath of everything. Everyone who has any resources available seems to be more then willing to send either food or money to the people of New Orleans. Doing what I could locally, my fraternity had a fundraiser and we raised a few thousand dollars towards the relief effort. Not a ton of money compared to what others are doing, but for a college campus we were happy.

     
  • At November 22, 2005 9:42 PM, Blogger Jeff said…

    I feel extremely bad for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. We cannot imagine the devastation that they experienced. I could not possibly imagine losing everything I owned: my house, clothes, car, everything. Hopefully, Hurricane Katrina will put things in perspective for a lot of people and they will feel compelled to reach out to others who are in need. I definitely believe that people should do all that they can to help.
    In regards to Jessica Simpson and her starting clothing trends with cowboy boots, I would personally not mind daisy dukes coming back in style. I'm not sure if that will actually happen though.

     
  • At February 16, 2006 7:13 PM, Blogger Shawn T Lippert said…

    Thank you for the informative blog
    Here Is some additional
    Boots Resources for Cowboy Boots Motorcycle Boots and boots for men and women if you or your readers are interested.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Ask Google